Updated: Oct 24, 2020
What to know about S&C
S&C is a workout based on strength as well as conditioning. The strength part will be one weightlifting or powerlifting movement where you'll work on your strength and technique. The conditioning part will be a AMRAP, For time, EMOM or Tabata workout between 10 and 20 minutes.
To keep in mind
- During conditioning: technique and form always go before speed.
- During strength: Focus on learning the technique. Don't just throw weight on the bar, make sure you do a few warm-up sets before you start the indicated sets and repetitions.
Complete 3 rounds of
- 10 Air squats
- 10 inch worms
- 10 pike push-ups
6 sets x 6 reps at 70% of 1RM back squat.
Rest as needed.
AMRAP in 12 minutes
12 Box jumps (24/20 in)
6 Thrusters (95/65 lb)
6 Bar facing burpees
What does this mean?
- 1RM means: one rep max. This is the amount of weight you are able to lift in one repetition.
- AMRAP means: As Many Rounds As Possible in the indicated time.
- EMOM means: Every Minute On the Minute. At the top of each minute, do the prescribed number of repetitions of the exercise(s).
- For time means: As fast as possible. You'll finish the workout in the fastest time as possible.